Job Title: Assistant Buyer
Business Unit: LGE
Salary: £24,000-£27,000 depending on experience
Reporting to the Team Leader - Buying, the main tasks and activities of this function are: -
- Promote and maintain a culture of openness, honesty, commitment and continuous improvement.
- Actively support the company's Health, Safety, Environmental, Code of Conduct, Quality and other policies and procedures.
- Actively seek to anticipate and mitigate problems/difficulties.
- To establish and maintain a good working relationship with assigned Suppliers and, where necessary, with Customers, such that they would wish to receive and place future business with LGE Process.
- Perform all tasks involved in the formation and administration of Purchase Orders and Purchase Contracts in accordance with the Company Quality Procedures.
- Communication with Suppliers and Personnel within LGE and when necessary within Babcock to establish a clear definition of requirements and to ensure performance to agreed contract terms.
- For prior review/approval by the Buyer prepare/issue the following: -
- Issue bid requests and where necessary any pre-qualification requirements
- Expedite, issue, receive and process the following:
- Assistance with preparation of RFQ's, Quotations and bid summary etc
- Purchase Orders/contracts and revisions
- Purchase Order acknowledgements
- Documentation from bidders/suppliers
- Document revisions
- Indirect Purchase Orders
- Warranty/replacements items
- After Sales RFQs, Expediting, Purchase Orders
- Update Central, Vendor Document Control and other systems and highlighting queries to Buyer.
- Receiving, checking and updating systems for goods that arrive in LGE.
- Packing/despatching and preparing paperwork for goods received in LGE for onward despatch by courier etc.
- Evaluate bids commercially, prepare bid summary, and issue bids to the appropriate personnel for their technical evaluation
- Establish/maintain files and controls for all outgoing and incoming correspondence on each assigned order/contract - hard copy and electronically on a daily basis.
- Issue shipping instructions to vendors
- Co-ordinate shipping arrangements with freight forwarder as appropriate
- Check invoices and follow up invoice queries
- Initiate and process revisions/amendments that establish scope and effects on cost and schedule of agreed-upon changes
- Administer all Purchase commitments by performing the following functions: -
- Monitor supplier's performance for conformance to commercial terms
- Monitor activities by Engineering and other in-house functions to ensure compliance with the order/contract terms
- Record, review, analyse and distribute supplier reports specified in the order/contract.
- Conduct closeout review of the order/contract documents.
- Communicate with suppliers and contractors as necessary to achieve required service and results from potential and actual suppliers/contractors to meet project needs.
- Support the Buyer to prepare and organise assigned Procurement sponsored meetings, such as bid clarification and post award meetings, for the purpose of ensuring complete understanding and agreement between LGE, the Client (as relevant) and supplier on all contractual matters.
- Support the Logistics Team by preparing packing lists, checking letters of credit and issuing shipping instructions as necessary.
- Support Documentation Control by expediting documents, updating document registers, filing & seeking document approval in a timely manner.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear you are required to make your current line manager aware that you're applying for this vacancy. You should advise them if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. Babcock will be continuing with essential recruitment activity but implementing relevant recommendations to protect our employees, by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we may face.
You will have advance notice should we wish to arrange an interview with you and more information will be provided regarding the format by the recruitment team.
This advice is valid at the time of publication and changing government advice and Babcock working practices take precedence at any particular time.
This role is within the Marine Sector of Babcock International Group. The Marine Sector delivers a wide array of complex through-life marine engineering services. Ranging from UK and international naval fleet support, commercial marine, engineering consultancy, weapons handling, equipment support, intelligence, cyber security and training delivered through unique owned and managed infrastructure to defence and civil customers across the globe.
Babcock International Group is committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fit your specific needs.