My client are one of the largest telecoms and broadband providers in Europe and they are on the lookout for an experienced Android Developer to work on one of their key projects. The opportunity would see you in join the Mobile Client software development team which forms part of a much wider collection of teams that develop the Mobile platform and associated clients.
As an Android Developer you will…
- Design, develop and test features on Android devices using agile practices.
- Create application architectures that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility.
- Follow software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal Sky standards and industry best-practices.
- Ensure that design, development and testing activities adhere to these guidelines to deliver high quality, tested, maintainable, clean code.
- Collaborate with the implementation team (developers, analysts, product owners etc..)to help produce acceptance criteria for user stories, providing technical and domain expertise that helps drive decision making.
- Quality should be at the heart of everything you do. Along with the wider team, you'll be responsible for ensuring the technical quality and security of the application. This will include code reviewing, mentoring junior and mid-level devs, tackling technical debt, as well as architecting solutions for new features.
- Writing and maintaining existing unit and UI tests is also a given using both TDD and BDD principles.
- Create prototypes of new technologies across Android devices.
To be successful you will be…
- Self-Motivated Android Engineer with expert knowledge of Kotlin and Java
- Hands on, demonstrable experience of designing solutions for feature requirements in the Agile Scrum teams and translating these into high quality, performant and secure code
- Experience with Espresso UI test and mocking web responses using http webserver
- Experience of integration Android applications with RESTful API using best practices
- Solid background in, and knowledge of OOP design patterns and best practices is essential
- Excellent communicator, having worked collaboratively in teams of various sizes, liaising with stakeholders across the business
- Experience using Source Control (Git) and Continuous Integration (Jenkins , etc..).
If this is of interest to you then apply today for immediate consideration! Please note that this role will be remote but will require travel to the client site in London when restrictions ease! This role is inside IR35!!!