Duration: Initial 6 to 12-month contract
IR35 Status: Engagement via Umbrella only
An Abinitio Developer is required to join a multinational technology client, working on a financial services project. This role will be based in Northampton on a 6 to 12-month contract.
About the role:
You will be working on a financial services project to develop complex AbInitio ETL processes.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing complex AbInitio ETL processes to translate business requirements into Technology data solutions.
- Providing technically sound solutions for the ingestion storage and presentation of enterprise data (ETL design data storage strategies data access and security).
- Creating Analytical Ready Data.
- Converting source to target mappings into ETL code.
- Working with agile techniques such as task estimation test automation deployment automation and continuous integration to enhance overall execution speed and product quality.
- Performing gap analysis between current SOX DQ controls and the data governance data reconciliation Lineage
- Working in line with Global Data Management Standards and following all Governance Controls required for SOX DQ.
- Designing and implementing metadata repositories and physical data in Hive Impala HBase
- Replicating data from current RDBMS based systems to the RFT Hadoop Data Lakes, utilising DevOps framework during the development activities.
To succeed in this role, you should have experience and knowledge of:
- AbInitio ETL development, Hadoop eco system and Big Data.
- Hadoop Ecosystem Cloudera distribution
- Key Hadoop components (HDFS Zookeeper YARN HBASE Hive Impala SparkSQL)
- Software development using Python Scala Spark and Java is essential.
- Oracle databases and Teradata.
- Creating Narrative documents for governance to prove existing Controls work.
- Test Behaviour Driven Development experience, including mocking tools and test automation.
- Good SQL and data modelling skills in at least 1 enterprise grade RDBMS.
- An ability to identify data quality issues and resolve and remediate them by providing solutions.
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your CV in the first instance.