Senior Systems Engineer
£40,000 - £50,000 DOE + Benefits
Malvern, Bristol, Lincoln
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer with a background in the military or commercial world who wants their next challenge. You will have the opportunity to play a key role on a variety of interesting and ground-breaking projects at a global defence company who are currently rapidly expanding their capabilities. This is a fantastic time to join the company which has fantastic internal progression opportunities and work on some of the most cutting-edge technological challenges of our time.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of ISTAR, Electronic Warfare and Defence Intelligence.
What do I need?
You'll need experience in some of the following areas would be desirable, but not essential.
- Understanding of the ISTAR Domain (IMINT, GEOINT, SIGINT, EW etc.) platforms, sensors, mission systems and exploitation tools both from a technical delivery and user perspective.
- Have an understanding of Agile project delivery methodologies
- Technical understanding of ISTAR Information Management and Dissemination processes and technologies including the application of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Understanding/experience of requirements engineering, verification and validation and implementation of the engineering lifecycle.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for:
- Acting as the Technical Lead or providing technical advice or support into project teams throughout the engineering lifecycle
- Supporting the integration of innovation into Defence Intelligence in an Agile environment
- Providing advice and support to equipment delivery programmes
- Engaging with stakeholders, project managers and senior technical staff to ensure customer and business needs are satisfied appropriately and risks are mitigated.
If this role is of interest, please don't hesitate to get in touch.