CISO Security Platform Engineer - Proofpoint Stack
Duration:3 Months + extension
Our client is looking for an information security engineer with expert level skill in Messaging Security and Protection software. The primary role is to support our Proofpoint Enterprise environment including TAP, DLP, EFD, PSAT, CASB. We are a CISO DevOps shop where our platform engineers design, engineer, implement and support security solutions consumed by Kyndryl's Security Operations Center (SOC). Our people and tools are the first line of defense for our corporation and customers in today's fast paced interconnected world.
The candidate must have a solid understanding of Security Platform solutions; from Messaging protection, Log capture and aggregation, to SOAR solutions consumed by our SOC. Today we utilize Proofpoint, Splunk and XSoar as the foundation for protection, aggregation, and response.
We're a new organization, but we're also a $19 billion company with over 90,000 employees. We have more than 4,000 customers - including 75 of the Fortune 100 - and we operate in 63 countries. With a broad ecosystem of partners that includes AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft, our people work hand-in-hand with customers to create, modernize and advance their IT systems.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Implement, Manage, and Maintain Proofpoint On-Demand, TAP, TRAP, EFD, SER, Email DLP.
- Design, engineer, implement and support security solutions amongst a team of other CISO engineers.
- Provide Tier III level engineering for Proofpoint Solutions that feed into Splunk and Xsoar.
- Perform complex security reviews with no precedent, identify gaps in the security architecture and develop security risk management plan.
- Provide technical oversight for systems and projects across the organization.
- Evaluate current state and a strategy on how to get to a future state, creating milestones and iterations to get to that future state.
- Provide mentorship to Tier II and Tier I engineers.
- Understand the limitations of security services and advise decision makers appropriately on the toolset and the interconnections to other Security platform tools.
- Create KBs and other documentation as the tool is being implemented and in operations and maintenance phases.
- 3 - 5+ Years' experience working with Proofpoint On-Demand, TAP, TRAP, EFD, SER, Email DLP.
- 6+ years of technical experience in security including enterprise identity, messaging, and data security design. Proofpoint experience is a must.
- Intermediate or advanced OS, Database and network administration skills and experience.
- Strong experience with security reviews, threat modeling, and identifying areas of risk.
- Experience with identity and access management solutions including single sign-on, privileged access management, secrets management (for example, Okta, Active Directory, Splunk, etc.)
- Passion to work as a member of a team focused on constant improvement and excellence.
- Demonstrate an ability and desire to be creative and voice out-of-the-box solutions
- Experience in network security and zero trust implementations
- Knowledge of security principles for enterprise applications such as Microsoft 365
- Experience with hybrid cloud deployments, and architecting solutions within Google GCP, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Microsoft Azure.
- Good understanding of tools and techniques used by attackers to gain entry into networks, including common weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
- Experience in a managed hosting and/or Software-as-a-Service environment is desirable