Role: Development Lead
Start Date: ASAP
Location: London or Sheffield
Duration: 3-6 months
PAYE or Umbrella only
We have a new and exciting opportunity with a multinational banking and financial services organisation. We are looking for an experienced Development lead to join the team in London on a 3-6-month initial contract.
* Lead the design and engineering of software with the customer/user experience as a key objective
* Work within the Automations team to provide a mentoring and leadership capability assisting with engineering software, scripts and tools to enable the delivery of automations and services
* Design, develop and deploy applications capable of meeting the anticipated load, performance, availability, security and resilience requirements
* Design and develop software with a focus on automation of build, testing and deployment process on all environments to minimize variation and ensure predictable high-quality code and data
* Provide support in identification and resolution of all incidents associated with the IT service, as directed by leadership of the DevOps team
* Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered
* Responsible for automating the continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline within a DevOps Product/Service team driving a culture of continuous improvement
* Keep up-to-date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable.
Key skills requirements:
* Development Team Leading
* Automation development (Blue Prism preferred)
* API development, API management
* Banking or Finance experience preferred
* Good background in IT development 5 years
* Ability to set team priorities, leading a team of configurators, providing guidance and mentoring on advanced Automation techniques, integrating with other systems through the use of APIs.
* Ability to build connections and work collaboratively across the Group. Excellent communication skills are mandatory, as are good tact and diplomacy, as the role requires constant communication with other individuals and teams with the business.
* Excellent time management and prioritisation of work tasks.
* Self- motivated enthusiastic and proven rapid learning capability.
* Utilises own initiative to resolve issues.
* Sound understanding of object-oriented analysis, design and programming
* Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to deliver technical messages to a non-technical audience
* Excellent trouble-shooting skills, with the ability to quickly identify and document the root cause of issues, and effectively communicate possible resolutions
* Effective communication, collaboration, team, and presentation skills with a proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-moving environment are essential
* Determine technical and business suitability of proposed requirements with architect, developers and other relevant team members and provide recommendations
* Good Analysis, Design and Coding skill
* Good interpersonal and communication skills as he/she has to work in global environments.
* Validate proposed solutions with business representatives and technical team to ensure solutions and restrictions are clearly understood.
* Debugging and Problem-solving skills
* Define and document solutions and changes producing comprehensive documents supported by structured analysis techniques and methodologies.
* Essential Interpersonal Skills
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
* Ability to navigate a complex organisation.
* Ability to be self-directed/motivated.
* Keen to learn new skills and approaches. Inquisitive nature.
* Excellent organisation skills and capability to manage multiple parallel activities.
* Self-motivated and willing to learn new technologies and business domain
* Supporting the existing infrastructure and platform, resolving issues, employing best practices from a production support practice perspective
* Proven track record of working on significant projects from conception to completion.
* Ready to perform hands-on developer role and take up new development effort in an individual capacity beyond providing technology leadership.
If you feel you are suitable for the role please submit your CV in the first instance or if you know someone who is currently looking for a new role, we offer a referral scheme, please get in touch to know more.