A successful FTSE 100 engineering support services organisation is looking to take on a Welding Superintendent to join an expanding team and work on a variety of interesting projects.
Based in Rosyth, the successful candidate will ensure welding operations are controlled to meet the project schedule, quality requirements and costing targets. You may be involved in process improvement for existing businesses and new products. New ideas of developing the welder training programme, including skills matrix, would be welcomed.
Main tasks and activities include, but are not limited to;
- Daily management of welding resource
- Ensure quality standards are maintained or improved
- Ensure welder capability / process is ready for start up
- Develop new weld procedures with welding engineering
- Investigate welding norms and develop welding norms database
As a core member of the management team, you will be the direct line manager for 5 FLMs (first line managers) and manage around 100 welding engineers and other blue collar workers.
Additionally, you will be required to meet Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) targets by setting standards of safe behaviours and integrating SHE into all aspects of the business as a routine.
It involves visibly demonstrating commitment to SHE performance and improvement, actively engaging with people at all levels to raise awareness of safe behaviours and attitudes, promoting a just culture;
- Ensure compliance with the SHE Management System, mitigating risks and improving overall SHE performance
- Provide suitable information / instruction / communication for the team to undertake all activities in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Demonstrate strong and active leadership for SHE, setting high standards across all areas
- Welding qualification - ideally HNC or CSWIP is desirable
- Welding Experience - knowledge of a wide range of welding principals, processes and practices. Application of welding techniques in large commercial contracts, ideally from an oil and gas or renewable background
- Excellent communication skills - able to liaise with a variety of people and have the ability to clearly present data.
- Team Management experience - demonstrable experience in managing large teams
- Proactive attitude - a self motivating individual who is an effective time manager and able to meet deadlines, whilst solving problems when necessary.
- Proficient in MS Office
Company Information and Proposition
The job has been created due to company growth and project wins. There will be opportunities for UK and overseas travel and is an excellent opportunity to really make a difference as the department expands. Due to the size of the company, there are excellent opportunities for career progression.
This is a 12 month FTC - there may be opportunity for an extension, or for the role to be made permanent depending on workload.
Salary: £42,000 - £51,021
Hours: 37 hours, Mon-Fri
Security: Must be eligible for SC Clearance
Location: Rosyth with occasional UK travel
Start Date: ASAP
If you feel like you possess the skills and knowledge of a Welding Superintendent, then please apply to this job to discuss how we can accelerate your career.
Call on 01179 309 732 or send your CV