WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Specialist / Remote / 3 month contract / £450-£650 per day inside IR35
A leading Client in the markt is seeking a WebSphere Application Specialist to join the team
Role: WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Specialist
Location: Fully Remote
Duration: 3 month contract
Rate: £450-£650 per day
The WebSphere System Specialist will perform the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere runtime environment. This includes product installation, configuration and deployment of Java EE 5 applications, connecting to back-end resources, and basic troubleshooting.
You will be generally self-sufficient and able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and vendor support services.
- Good understanding of the Java EE 6 application model, including EJBs, JSP, HTTP sessions, and servlets.
- Good understanding of Java EE 6 technologies, such as JDBC, JMS, JNDI, JTA, and JAAS.
- Good understanding of HTTP server concepts.
- Experience in system administration on operating systems such as Windows 2000/XP, UNIX, z/OS, OS/400, or Linux
- Good understanding of basic Internet concepts (for example, firewalls, Web browsers, TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, and so forth).
- Good understanding of standard markup languages such as XML and HTML
- Basic knowledge of Web services, including SOAP, UDDI and WSDL.
- Basic knowledge of bean scripting framework languages
You should be able to:
- Explain how WebSphere Application Server relates to the WebSphere family of products
- Describe the architectural concepts related to WebSphere Application Server V8
- Install and configure IBM Installation Manager (IIM)
- Install and configure WebSphere Application Server and IBM HTTP Server (IHS)
- Explain the basic concepts of the Java 6 Platform, Enterprise Edition (JEE 6).
- Assemble and install server-side Java enterprise applications
- Use WebSphere Application Server administrative tools to configure and manage enterprise applications
- Configure security for server-side application resources
- Use log file to troubleshoots problems
If this role seems like the right fit for you then please send through your upto date CV
Candidates will be spoken with before profile is submitted