Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Virtualisation Specialist (VMware vSphere) to become a key member of a growing, hands-on design & build team that delivers to multiple clients of national interest.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates are required to possess SC clearance or be willing to undergo SC clearance
- Apply depth and breadth of technical knowledge and be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise.
- Ability to understand and relate to new products, technologies and strategies.
- Contribute to knowledge tools and communities, and ensure learnings are shared for reuse.
Core Skills and Experience
- Extensive technical knowledge of vSphere 5.1 through 6.0
- Automation using Windows PowerShell & PowerCLI
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows environments
- Excellent written and oral communication and technical documentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
- Self-motivated and strong organizational skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- VMware VSAN, NSX, vRealize products
- VMware VCP certification
- System architecture of large scale deployments
- Technical knowledge of HP hardware
- Experience with technologies
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- Active Directory, GPO, DNS and DHCP
- MS SQL, System Center 2012
- SAN Storage
- Cloud Technologies
- Understanding of BCV sections of ITIL Processes
- Experience working in a customer driven environment