Virtualisation Engineer (VMware)
Experis are currently recruiting for an experienced Virtualisation Engineer with expertise specifically in VMware products and technologies. The team are deploying and securing a multi-site virtual platform and upgrading the VMware for a public sector client.
- Develop, and where required deploy, the technical solution to the environments.
- Creating technical documents with the ability to produce clear and concise low level design documentation as well as implementation and operation guides
- Prepare scripts written in PowerCLI for automated product deployment and management.
- Troubleshoot implementation or operational issues.
- Contribute to knowledge tools and communities, proactively support automation and ensure learnings are shared for reuse.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong vSphere (vCenter Server and ESXi) product experience in designing and engineering solutions including product administration, hardening and troubleshooting experience
- High level of both verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of virtual and physical server infrastructure capacity, scaling and operation
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Ability to resolve constructively conflicting pressures and stake holders.
- Ability to interact and work closely with both technical and non-technical staff in the deployment of solutions across a range of levels.
- The ability to manage priorities and maintain engagement across a number of projects at various phases of their lifecycle.
- Experience of technology design and implementation policies and practices including ITIL
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- VMware NSX for Data Center skills and experience
- PowerCLI / PowerShell scripting skills and experience
- VMware VSAN, vRealize Operations, vRealize Log Insight and Site Recovery Manager product experience
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise ProLiant & Dell Servers experience
- Understanding of security concepts including delegation of authority
- HPE or Dell Storage array experience
- Configuration Management
- Experience of infrastructure deployment and management tooling including the use of JSON / XML files
- Enterprise networking