VBA Developer - Technical Specialist
- Permanent Position
- Dublin West Location
- € Negotiable Salary + Benefits
My client is a global insurance company with operations in over 70 countries. This business unit has over 900 staff in Ireland and around 1400 globally with offices in countries such as France, Germany, Italy, Singapore, Libya & UAE. An exciting opportunity has become available within the operations team.
An exciting opportunity has become available within the operations team. The role is a split between VBA Development, admin and maintenance working on in house software while assisting with the transfer to a new platform over the coming years. The role will also require experience in Data Analysis and Report Automation. This is a great opportunity to bring your own ideas to the table.
- Visual Basic (VBA)Development - Identify system enhancement opportunities, develop, test and roll out to global users
- Project documentation - create and maintain project documentation
- Data Analysis - translate trends, analysis and commentary into a format for presentation to Senior Management.
- Process Mapping - work with end users to gather requirements, create specifications, facilitate workshops and develop new or enhance existing processes.
- Proactively manage own daily, weekly and monthly workload to ensure KPI's and service standards are met.
- Continue to develop technical and systems knowledge, business and insurance understanding and support other team members.
- Other ad hoc duties as requested
- Minimum of 3 years experience in VBA development
- Proficient in MS Excel and Access
- Exposure to full software life-cycle
- Exposure to project management
- Ability to convert abstract ideas into working code
- Experience with PowerShell
- Excellent logical and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage own time
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a customer and quality focused environment, developing accurate work in adherence to specific report deadlines
- Financial services experience, preferably in the insurance industry
- Experience in data analysis and presentation
- Experience in developing, implementing and testing reporting systems
- Experience of extracting data from various sources
- Stakeholder Management
- Strong MS Office skills
A full job spec is available on request. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must have full working rights in Ireland i.e. (a current Stamp 4 Visa or an EU Passport to be eligible to work in Ireland) to be considered for this role. Contact Shane for a confidential chat on 01 6455250 or apply below.