User Researcher/ UX Researcher - User Experience, Customer Journey mapping, Ethnographic research, Usability testing
Our client, a leading media organisation, is currently looking to hire a User Researcher to join a well-established team in Leeds.
The contract duration will be for a 6 months, located over in Leeds.
You will conduct relevant user research activities (including ethnographic research, user needs gathering, concept development, customer journey mapping and usability testing), and deliver robust data and experience-based reporting and recommendations which improve product and service development, increasing self-serve share and customer satisfaction with digital service.
- Conduct research to improve current (web, app, chat, email, IVR, social) and emerging customer-facing digital service channels
- Work with and support the UX research manager to successfully implement usability research across all of online service and other areas of the business
- Design and conduct user research studies, including lab-based usability studies, remote studies and usability inspections (heuristic evaluations or cognitive walkthroughs)
- Effectively communicate research insights, written and presentational
- Strive to constantly improve methods used to explore the usability of products and services
- Design and conduct early stage design and product definition activities, including ethnographic research, interviews
- Aid to drive adoption of clear usability standards, practices, and solutions across Service
- Identify emerging industry best practices
- Ensure highest standards of research are taking place
- Develop new methodologies and inspiring ways of working in order to understand how customers are interacting with our digital channels
- Understanding of internet/digital technologies
- Extensive experience of at least one of ethnographic research, user needs gathering, concept development, customer journey mapping and usability testing
- Experience of working with online measurement tools and data; web analytics packages and social listening engines
- Strong facilitation skills (for client meetings, workshops and user sessions)
- Excellent analysis and written/oral communication skills
- Personally fluent in digital: social, web, mobile, apps etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Desired: Relevant degree in Ergonomics, Psychology, HCI (Human Computer Interaction), Usability or similar.
- Desired: Media/telecoms background
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.