Role: TX/MCR Engineer
Duration: 2 months
Location: Osterley, West London
Start Date: ASAP
Sky is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we're not stopping there. We're home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there's plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
The Senior Broadcast Support Engineer will ensure that high quality proactive maintenance and reactive support is provided for the Broadcast Systems on which Sky's business depends. As part of the Broadcast Support function, this role is at the cutting edge of the convergence between traditional broadcast and IT cultures.
The role is part of the Broadcast Centre Support team and will involve close collaboration with other Engineers within the team and with Platform Control, Projects and Design functions within the Broadcast Services division.
For serious and/or complicated Broadcast Centre incidents and issues the Senior Broadcast Support Engineer will take responsibility for root cause analysis of what happened and what steps need to be taken to avoid it in the future.
The Senior Broadcast Support Engineer will be responsible for planning and executing a variety of tasks, such as upgrades and system improvements and will provide training and system familiarisation to other members of the relevant Support departments.
- Help define, specify, integrate and transition technology changes onto the Broadcast Centre platforms to meet customer requirements while ensuring supportability and service availability levels.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and expertise on Sky systems to internal user groups and project staff. This will involve working as an active member of project groups.
- Work on BAU projects for Broadcast Centre Support. This will include software upgrades and stability improvement work across multiple platforms.
- Provide engineering support for out of hours planned work.
- Provide technical leadership during service affecting incidents - either in person or on-call
- Ensure all issues are logged and reported to high standards.
- Take the lead in root cause analysis of technical incidents. Ensure in-depth root cause analysis and fault finding at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Representation of department at daily Broadcast stakeholder incident meetings.
- Provide on the job training and system familiarisation to other members of the department
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better