Transition Programme Manager-
My client a leading Engineering Services company are urgently seeking an experienced Transition Programme Manager to Manage a complex Business Transformation Project within the Public Sector.
The Programme Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the overall transition programme, reporting to the GM Police.
The role requires effective co-ordination of the programme's projects and management of their inter-dependencies. It includes the co-ordination of the implementation of the new service requirements to enable effective change and realisation of projected benefits. The Programme Manager must manage risks and issues and ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed quality targets. This role will require some direct customer contact, to be managed via the Contract Management team.
- Delivery of complex programmes, of varying degrees; to time, budget and SHEQ targets in compliance with the SSD good project management practice
- Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Ensuring the programme's governance arrangements are met
- Gate keeper for all change control requests prior to review by the programme board
- Managing the programme's budget on behalf of the GM Police, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses
- Facilitating the appointment of resources to projects and tasks
- Managing communications with all stakeholders, including customer personnel via the Contract Management team
- Maintain day-to-day working relationship with the client
- Reporting the progress of the programme and risk at regular intervals to the GM Police
- Working with commercial representatives ensuring that all constituent work packages satisfy all businesses commercial requirements, whilst fostering a common 'best-practice' approach
- Defines and continually evaluates the delivery programme baselines and operates project control processes (requirements capture, planning, cost, risk, trend analysis and change control)
- Ensures that programme objectives are aligned with overall strategic objectives of transition programme and the strategic direction of the contract vision
- Responsibility to ensure all programme documentation is maintained to the required standards within the management system
Must have experience of managing complex transition Programmes within the public sector!
- Extensive experience in complex programme management which involves multiple work stream interaction, and the management of complexity, risk and multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Degree level qualification preferred
- Managing large workloads within a changing environment and working to strict business deadlines
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders through influence and negotiation within a matrix management structure
- Working knowledge or qualifications in processes analysis and design desirable
- Association of Project Management (APM) / Project Management Institute (PMI); minimum qualification APMP or Certified Associate in Project Management or higher
- Minimum 6 years project management experience, ideally including mobilisation of a fleet contract
- Able to demonstrate management experience across the complete project lifecycle or significant phases
- A personal record that would not prevent the attainment of relevant security clearance, both within this role and wider business
Please apply accordingly for immediate consideration and call Nikita on 0117 9309724.