Do you want to be an integral part of one of the UK's leading Training organisations for the Royal Navy? Work on cutting edge technology and within the military environment? If so, read on!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Training Instructor within Meteorology to join an established FTSE 100 organisation based at HMS Collingwood in Fareham as a Training Instructor, training the next generation through their service career.
- Deliver Tactical Meteorology training, Marine Mammal Observation and other training delivery tasks associated with training RN and International Officers. Some elements of watch-keeping may be required.
- Manage maintenance, defect repair and support of TACHM training equipment to enable equipment performance standards to be met and the training programme to be maintained
- Liaise with 2nd Line equipment support contractors as defined by the Authority
- Maintain currency and SQEP in line with technical experience
- Provide Training Support in the form of SME to TD and QA staff
- Undertake wider contract delivery and support tasks as deemed appropriate by Training Delivery Team Manager (Specialist Warfare).
Successful candidate requirements:
- WMO258 accreditation plus a minimum of 3 years' practical forecasting experience - Essential
- BSc or higher in Meteorology or close equivalent - Essential
- RN Tactical HM Course or equivalent - Desirable
- Security Clearance DV - Desirable
- JNCC Marine Mammal Observer certification or equivalent - Desirable
- Level 4 Certificate in Education & Learning or equivalent (or higher) - Desirable
What's on offer?
- Excellent Training
- On-Site Parking
- World Class Training Facilities
- Military on-site benefits
Fantastic opportunity to be part of a training establishment with a companywide desire to instruct, guide and deliver subject matter expertise
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance prior to appointment
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on 0117 9309 727.