Do you want to be an integral part of one of the UK's leading Training organisations for the Royal Navy? Work on cutting edge technology and within the military environment? Is so, read on!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Training Instructor within AstroNavigation to join an established FTSE 100 organisation based at HMS Collingwood in Fareham as a Training Instructor, training the next generation through their service career.
- Deliver navigation training (including astronavigation principles and practice using the marine sextant, gyro and magnetic compasses, tides, time and UNCLOS) and other training delivery tasks associated with training RN Warfare Officers (Deck Officers)
- Provide Training Support in the form of SME to TD and QA staff
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times for all employees under your direction
- Undertake wider contract delivery and support tasks as deemed appropriate by TDTM(W).
Successful candidate requirements:
- RN Long (N), PWO (N), Spec (N), Master Certificate (STCW95 II/2) or equivalent qualification from other sea going environments
- 5 years practical sea going experience as a bridge watch keeper in a military or merchant environment - Essential
- 5 years practical sea going experience as a bridge watch keeper in a military or merchant environment
- C&G Level 4 Certificate in Education & Learning or equivalent - Desirable
What's on offer?
- Excellent Training
- On-Site Parking
- World Class Training Facilities
- Military on-site benefits
Fantastic opportunity to be part of a training establishment with a companywide desire to instruct, guide and deliver subject matter expertise
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance prior to appointment
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on 0117 9309 727.