This is a great opportunity to join a leading animal healthcare company as a Trainee Lab Technician. The role is based in Pirbright and full training will be provided.
As a Trainee Lab Technician you will support the Shift Technicians in the operation of appropriate process plant and equipment and manufacture sterile media for Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Blue Tongue Virus (BTV) vaccine production, fully respecting Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), bio security and Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- To support the Shift technicians in the manufacture of media and other process reagents to agreed HSE, GMP, and Biosecurity standards.
- When required operate and maintain process plant and equipment in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures.
- Perform laboratory tests at various stages of the Media production process and record findings accurately and systematically. Observe and accurately record readings taken from process plant instrumentation and laboratory equipment and report any major problems promptly to the Supervisor and shift technician.
- To monitor and replenish stock levels of all components and prepared media.
- To coordinate duties with his/her supervisor and the shift technicians such that the continuity of production is maintained at all times.
- When required, input all necessary data onto appropriate computerised records in a concise and timely manner.
- Good level of IT skills; with competency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work as part of a team and carry out repetitive production processes in a careful and methodical manner.
- Experience of operating industrial scale sterile manufacturing plant is desirable but not essential
- 25 days Annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental Cover
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Child Care Vouchers
- Free Parking