Test Lead (HR Solution), Test Analyst, Tester, Test Manager, IEEE829, Waterfall, Agile, Bristol, HR Solution, Test Plan, Test Environment, Software Development, Technical Solution,
Our client based in Bristol require an experienced Test Lead to provide test planning expertise to support the delivery of HR Online, one of the key strategic projects. The role will be working closely with the business Project Manager to integrate test activity into the overall project plan.
HR Online involves the implementation of a new HR and Payroll package to replace SAP HR and provide additional facilities especially employee and manager 'self-service'. It is currently in the detailed planning stage, with a phased rollout through 2017. It includes a 3rd party package solution and new interfaces to internal systems, planning for integration and acceptance testing of both aspects forms the scope of this role.
The Test Lead will be required to work with the Enterprise Architect and Test Manager to build a solid understanding of the project scope. They will need to be able to estimate accurately functional and non-functional test activity.
The key deliverable for the role will be a draft Test Plan to IEEE829 standards, based upon the agreed Test Strategy. They will need to mentor specialist testers and business experts in test case specification and sign off. They will need to monitor progress of the production of test cases against the test plan and quality criteria and report or escalate as appropriate to the Project Manager and Test Manager.
They will be required to liaise with relevant stakeholders in the project team, IT operations teams and IT development teams. In conjunction with the IT operations teams they will be responsible for determining test environment requirements and readiness.
Experience and Profile
The Test Lead will have the following experience:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience Test Lead / Senior Test Analyst experience covering all areas of the testing lifecycle.
- Experience of drafting and reviewing test plans.
- Experience of test estimating for packaged solutions and internal developments.
- Experience of various software development and testing methodologies including waterfall, Agile, TDD.
- Experience of working with suppliers and partners in the effective delivery of solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to describe complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a range of internal and external partners.
- Relevant testing qualifications.
- Experience of test environment management.
- Experience of implementing HR solutions.
- Experience of working in a Higher Education context.