Test Analyst / Digital QA (UI/API, BDD - Selenium/Cucumber)
Telford (onsite 2 days per week)
We are actively looking to secure a Test Analyst to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
- You will be working in an Agile Scrum team on the preparation and execution of the test phases (using test automation) of one or more release-based projects. You will be involved in projects that are varied and challenging and require sound software and system testing skills.
- You will be driving quality deliverables through automation including tools, process, measurement, environment and data.
- You will be contributing to the elaboration of user stories in order to achieve viable, testable products with clearly defined acceptance criteria.
- You will identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques as part of a focus on continuous improvement.
- You will be open and keen to learn new capabilities and operate as a generalising specialist in an array of testing fields as well as other fields such as development
What you'll do
As a Digital QA/Test Analyst your primary focus will be to assure the quality of the user stories delivered whilst working as a part of a multi-disciplined team. You will work across and use a variety of platforms, tools and applications including but not limited to: Selenium, Gatling, Mongo, Jenkins, Play framework and Scala. You will be responsible for all the testing efforts required to ensure a high level of confidence in the product.
Ideally, you will be skilled in a number of the following:
- Java or JVM languages such as Scala, Groovy etc
- Expertise in test automation tools and frameworks
- UI testing - Selenium or any equivalent front-end browser-based testing framework
- API testing - web services / RESTful (using RestAssured or similar)
- Gherkin based BDD framework (such as Cucumber)
- Understanding of the benefits and differences between UI/API/Integration and Unit testing
- The following testing approaches: Exploratory, Automated, Performance, Usability, Accessibility and Security testing.
- Understanding how physical architecture affects QA
- Continuous Delivery and integration
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.