Test Analyst - London
Basic Salary: £30,189 - £36,491
Plus 25% allowance
UKEF can offer a higher starting pay up to the salary maximum £36,491 subject to skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to join UKEF's Information Technology Division. The Information Technology Division (ITD) is responsible for the provision of IT services to all UKEF users. The division has three principal areas of responsibilities:
- The provision of IT infrastructure and services for the business.
- The definition, development and testing of bespoke software for the Department.
- Responsibility for the overall IT architecture and alignment for government standards.
As a member of a small team the Test Analyst may be required to perform testing in relation to any of the systems used by UKEF and will undertake these activities:
- Review requirement specifications and determine their suitability for defining appropriate tests
- Define test environment and test data requirements
- Prepare test environments and test data
- Plan, define and undertake system and integration testing within multi-disciplinary teams
- Record incidents arising during system and integration testing and re-test after application of remedial measures
- Work with end users on preparation and execution of acceptance and test scripts.
- Provide testing advice within projects
- Document test activities and production of progress reports/ metrics
- Close liaison with Test Manager
- Perform static testing (review) of documentation.
This list is not exhaustive; additional duties may arise according to business need.
- Technical knowledge and practical experience of using:
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge and skills to enable effective testing of one or more of these application types usedbyUKEF:
- Data warehouse and Business Intelligence (BI) application
- Microsoft SharePoint and related applications
- Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Customer-instigated transaction initiation and data entry via the internet
- Workflow software with in-built rule-driven routing and automated alerts.
- Experience of testing one or more of the above application types in a business setting.
- Experience of structured testing techniques, full test lifecycle and risk based testing in context of testing complex line of business applications.
- Demonstrable experience of preparing test design documents and evaluating test outcomes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Consistently gives attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to multi task.
- ISEB/ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level
- Technical knowledge of software usedbyUKEF for the Corporate data warehouse, including:
- SQL SERVER RDBMS
- IBM Cognos Data Manager
- IBM Cognos Framework Manager
- IBM Cognos Report Studio
- IBM Cognos 10 Business Intelligence.
- Technical knowledgeofSharePoint and related applications, including:
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration
- SharePoint Designer
- Experience of using HP Quality Centre or equivalent tool
- Experience of testing solutions with Web Services interfaces
- Experience of using TOAD for Oracle.
- Experience of using JIRA.
Selection Process Details
An initial sift of your CV will be conducted against the Essential Criteria. If your CV demonstrates experience of these essential criteria you will be contacted to arrange a telephone based screen. The telephone screen will further assess your experience against the Essential Criteria and will be carried out by Experis at a time to be agreed with you. If you successfully complete this stage of the process your application will be progressed to the next stage. The applicants with the best skills and experience will be invited to interview, where you will be required to provide evidence as to how you meet the above competencies and technical requirements. Interviews may include an additional assessment exercise or presentation exercise. Please note that your CV MUST demonstrate evidence of the Essential Criteria for you to be progressed to telephone screen and beyond.
For further details and candidate information, please visit the CS Jobs website (www civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk). Applications must be made to the CS Jobs website by 11:59pm on Wednesday 20th April. Any applications made after this time will not be considered. If you require support or would like to discuss how to potentially strengthen your application before applying, please contact James Spence-Evans at Experis who will be able to help you.