Test Analyst - Automation
Up to £52,387, depending on skills and experience
London, Worthing, Telford
Case Management Delivery Group (CMDG) specialises in the provision of systems underpinning HMRC Case and Content Management Services. Technology platforms are based on software provided by Pega Systems, EMC Documentum and xCP.
We are well underway in adopting an Agile Delivery Framework, a DevOps culture and implementing the tools and technologies to underpin them. We are keen to recruit staff with experience, or at least good familiarity with Agile and DevOps, and with the mind-set to adopt and adapt them.
About The Role
A technically proficient Test Analyst who will provide quality assurance across a number of high profile projects in CMDG and would involve working in multi-disciplined feature teams.
You would be required to work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability. Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy and plan your own work to meet given objectives and processes.
You can select appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications. Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives. Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets. Rapidly absorbs new information and applies it effectively. Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility for driving own development.
Work includes a broad range of complex technical or professional activities, in a variety of contexts. Investigates, defines and resolves complex issues.
Influences customers, suppliers and partners at account level. May have some responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources. Participates in external activities related to own specialism. Makes decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives.
This role will involve performing quality assurance activities on IT systems in line with the CMDG Test Strategy.
The post holder will be responsible for the following:
- Collaboration with stakeholders to produce Behaviour Driven Development requirements.
- Test planning and test estimation.
- Test design and test automation development.
- Test data creation and maintenance.
- Test tool and environment setup, configuration, and maintenance.
- Automated and manual test execution.
- Test progress and completion reporting.
- Actively supporting and feeding into the cycle of continuous improvement.
· Demonstrable experience of performing risk based testing
· Demonstrable experience of working with Java and SQL
· Collaborative team-worker
· Ability to work autonomously
· ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
· Experience working with Agile Delivery Frameworks e.g. SCRUM and Kanban
· Experience of Documentum, xCP or Pega
· Knowledge of working in SOA environment
· Knowledge of working in a Cloud environment
· Proven experience with build automation and test tools e.g. Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, Bamboo, Selenium and Cucumber.
· Experienced user of Atlassian tool set (i.e. Jira/ Confluence)
· Experience of dealing with 3rd-party suppliers
· Experience of working in a DevOps culture.
· Experienced business/requirements analyst
· Has applied Agile and Lean concepts at scale
· Promotes a positive work culture, and maintain successful working relationships with other team members and the Delivery Group as whole
· Potentially coach and mentor team members performing business analysis activities
· Has or seeking relevant Certifications:
o ISTQB Agile Tester
o ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst
o ISTQB Technical Test Analyst
o ECM Practitioner
o ECM Specialist
o ECM Master
An initial sift of your CV will be conducted against the Essential Criteria. If your CV demonstrates experience of these essential criteria you will be contacted to arrange a telephone based screen. The telephone screen will further assess your experience against the Essential Criteria and will be carried out by Experis at a time to be agreed with you. If you successfully complete this stage of the process your application will be progressed to the next stage. The applicants with the best skills and experience will be invited to interview, where you will be required to provide evidence as to how you meet the above competencies and technical requirements. Interviews may include an additional assessment exercise or presentation exercise. Please note that your CV MUST demonstrate evidence of the Essential Criteria for you to be progressed to telephone screen and beyond.