Technical Implementation Manager
Duration of contract: 6 Months
Proposed start date: ASAP
Rate: £425 - £450 Per Day
My client has an urgent request for an experienced Technical Implementation Manager to join them on a 6 month contract basis. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience within the mortgages domain and financial services.
Technical Implementation manager:
- Responsible for inception, planning, and delivery of one or more projects and associated leadership and management tasks.
- Prepares and takes ownership for all implementation plans/controls and resource plans, progress reporting on plans/controls and resource requirements and ensuring the plan is in line with any wider programme plans/controls.
- Ensures there is a clear expression of the reasons for change and helps the accountable stakeholders communicate change to the relevant business areas.
- Works in partnership with project/programme managers and accountable stakeholders in the defining and establishing of business impacts including people and individual customer/community impacts, organizational impacts and systems impacts and that they are fully understood.
- Owns, defines, establishes and coordinates project implementation management process and all the business readiness and change activities according to implementation plan.
- Identifies, tracks, manages and mitigates any project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies.
- Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of medium to Large-scale projects.
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ensures that quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
- Manages the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets and are signed off.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team and takes appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Ensures that there is a business perspective on how the new technical capabilities will be delivered to the business, including planning around key business cycles, selecting appropriate customers for migration,
- Initiates the business implementation plan, including all the activities that the business needs to do to prepare for new technical components and technologies.
- Drives sites to deliver site implementation plans and align with the overall plan.
- Tracks and reports against these activities to ensure progress.
- Defines and manages the activities to ensure achievement of the business case after delivery.
- Outlines key business engagement messages that need to take place throughout the programme/project.