Our client, a leading Utilities organisation, is looking for a Technical Data Analyst to join their team.
This is a contract position based in Leeds running initially until December 2017.
The client is seeking a Technical Data Analyst on a contract basis to work within the Domestic Revenue Assurance function. This role will support the team in enabling them to become the industry leaders in detecting, proactively monitoring, investigating and resolving Domestic Revenue Leakage (RL) and protecting the Enterprise Revenue Model.
The role is pivotal in establishing and maintaining a Domestic Enterprise wide Revenue Delivery Model to provide an effective control framework that identifies Revenue Risk and the necessary mitigations and interventions.
The role will develop complex concepts relating to multiple systems, data and processes across Financial, Industry and Operational segments that identify Revenue Risk, translate impact and propose improvements.
One of these concepts is a monthly Portfolio Reconciliation assessing their alignment against SAP Billing and Industry Settlements.
The role will leverage data in driving Revenue Delivery Model strategy by championing how Revenue data can be used to provide insight into systems and process, data quality and consistency or data mine Revenue Risk hypothesis and assumptions to drive appropriate action.
It will also develop and build bespoke technology solutions to mitigate Revenue Risk and automate RA control processes to drive efficiency.
- Data and insight leadership by establishing and maintaining a Domestic Enterprise wide Revenue Delivery Model to provide an effective control framework that identifies Revenue Risk and the necessary mitigations and interventions.
- Develop and deploy data analytic solutions that will support the reduction of RL
- Provide data files and data support to the Revenue Assurance Leads and Analysts
- Develop and run KPI's that will indicate the success of Revenue Risk mitigation or RL reduction efforts, and disseminate responsibility for Revenue KPI's throughout the business
- Maintain a current interim solution and facilitate and drive the change to an Enduring SAP Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) solution in 2017
- Develop and maintain accurate short, medium and long term data models for revenue management and forecast.
Skills and Experience:
- Microsoft Access - Management of 50+ Access databases (run, support, trouble shoot, remove redundant data)
- SQL - data extracts to feed the databases
- Complex VB programs - Run and support/develop turning data into information
- Archive data
- Extract data from DTS (TOAD)
- Macro creation
- Industry expertise preferable
- In depth knowledge and experience in an IT 'data' area with the ability to source data, extract data and analyse trends
- Detailed understanding of database modelling, data and system design (multiple)
- Experience of designing niche or bespoke technical solutions, data provision, data insight and analysis to aid Revenue Risk identification and resolution
- Relevant qualifications and experience in advance reporting and interrogation techniques (SQL, VBA, Business Objects, SAS and other insight tools)
- Educated to degree level in a numerate or mathematical discipline with a strong grounding in data management and statistics
- Exceptional understanding and capability around data analytics, modelling techniques and statistical interpretation
- Proven knowledge of relational database design and related data mining and queries.
- Demonstrated track record of data insight within the utility sector (using SAP IS-U would be an advantage).
- Excellent communicator with a logical and innovative approach to problem solving.
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance. For more information please contact Gemma Grayson on 0161 924 3949.