Assembly / Production Manager
£46-48k plus benefits
Experis are recruiting on behalf of our Client a leading Engineering Support Services organisation for an Assembly / Production Manager to join their Production department in Bristol to manage and motivate the Assembly function.
The main responsibilities of this role are as follows -
- To manage day to day running of the Technical Build, Assembly and Detail Fitting departments - ensuring resources, personnel and equipment are utilised effectively and efficiently to meet demand
- Promote a world class safety culture ensuring all employees and visitors return "home safe, every day"
- Monitor and achieve performance and financial targets for Technical Build, Assembly and Detail Fitting
- Manage the performance of the workforce
- Control shop floor bookings and completion of documentation
- Conduct Risk Assessments and produce Method Statements
- Support project progress reviews
- Motivate the team to achieve excellence
- Identify resource needs, complete resource requests, carry out interviews and hire labour to suit demand
- Manage sub-contract labour including authorisation of timesheets
- Manage overhead budgets and control spend in line with budgets and forecast
- Develop and enhance the Build, Assembly and Detail Fitting workshop facilities through well planned continuous improvement activities
- Support Head of Production as required
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience -
- Good management experience in providing direction, control and guidance to the team
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Assembly / Fitter Apprenticeship
- Knowledge and experience of Performance Management
- Ability to prepare detailed method statements and training documentation
- Understanding of setting down safe working practices and the importance of H&S on the shop floor
- Excellent communication skills able to motivate and manage a team
- Basic knowledge and understanding on material properties and applicable mechanical tests
- Basic knowledge of welding processes and inspections used in the manufacture of components
- IT knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook at an intermediate level
- Ability to gain and maintain UK SC level security clearance
This is an excellent opportunity for an Assembly, Build or Production Manager, or a Supervisor ready to take the step up into a management role within the Medium to Heavy Engineering & Fabrication Sector for a leading FTSE100 organisation.
If you feel you have the necessary management experience and a background in Production, Assembly or Fabrication then I would like to hear from you. Please apply online or send your CV directly or contact me on 0131 558 4809 for more information.