We have a fantastic opportunity for a Team Leader to join a leading contract research company in Dungarvan Co Waterford
The purpose of this job is to effectively supervise members of a Biopharmaceutical chemistry team. This will include responsibilities such as planning work rotas, measuring productivity, training and development of staff, housekeeping, health & safety, quality, documentation, etc. to ensure the laboratory is run at maximum efficiency.
- Effectively manage all members of their team including areas such as, work rotas, productivity, training & development, safety, quality, documentation, etc. to ensure the laboratory is run at maximum efficiency.
- Liaise closely with the Biopharmaceutical chemistry Section Manager to ensure that resources are available to guarantee that testing activities are completed to customer's timelines
- Manage online reporting on LIMS, scheduling the work from start to sign off, developing and checking customer reports in a timely manner so as customer expectations are met consistently.
- Perform analysis as requested to ensure that customer's deadlines are met.
- Review test methods for quotation purposes.
- Ensure that the Systems and Procedures are maintained to meet regulatory requirements.
- Provide continuous feedback to all members of their team on all items in relation to customer or organisational requirements / changes.
- Handle any customer related queries where necessary and liaise with their team to solve these queries if needed.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is authorised and filed accurately in line with company procedures.
- Communicate regularly with their team and all other ancillary groups to ensure information is transferred effectively throughout the organisation.
- Participate in routine regulatory and customer inspections.
- Ensure that all analysts are trained and have completed training records for all tests and other training completed.
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained and in the event of a breakdown that it is repaired in accordance with company procedures (with reference to timeliness, quality and cost.)
- Keep their training records up to date and to initiate training where possible.
- Ensure that customers' requirements are fully met and in so doing be flexible to work in any area of the business as is required.
- Identify any opportunities for improvement of quality and service and work with the team to implement continuous improvement.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5 years' experience in a GMP Bioanalytical laboratory is desirable.
- At least 2 years' supervisory experience is desirable.
- Ability to co-ordinate, schedule and prioritise Bioanalytical work.
- Excellent technical ability and strong, proven leadership skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, strong documentation skills.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand customers' requirements and to be able to devise and articulate the most appropriate solutions.