Waterfront Delivery Manager
A successful and rapidly expanding FTSE 100 engineering support services organisation is looking to take on a Waterfront Delivery Manager to work within the Class Output Management Team within the Warship department.
As Waterfront Delivery Manager you will be a key member of the Type 23 Class Output Management Team; leading a collaborative team to deliver the support to the Devonport-based Platforms.
As an experienced project leader you will enable coherent support to be planned and delivered to Devonport-base-ported operational platforms within the available programme, cost and time envelope. This includes the compilation of work specifications for Fleet Time Engineering and Upkeep, management of emergent defect rectification, and the application of project management discipline to the planning of support periods and acceptance of their delivery.
Working with the MOD and our Alliance partner's within the Surface Ship Support Alliance, you will be responsible for:
- The availability of the Devonport-based Type 23 Frigates to meet Customer requirements; measured through availability KPIs
- Class coherence of individual Platform Support Plans
- In-Year Management of Fleet Time Support budget, ensuring effective and efficient expenditure to deliver planned and emergent support to operational platforms
- Deriving timely work specifications and preparations for support periods
- The timely resolution of Operational Defects to achieve availability targets
- Continuous Improvement, ensuring Learning from Experience is embedded into planning and work specifications and cost reduction benefit targets can be delivered year-on-year
- Resolving conflicts and setting priorities for T23 COM support activity and service provision
- Leading exemplary and active participation in the safe management of support at the waterfront
- Building trust and reputation as a professional engineering organisation that delights our Customer
- Development and sustainment of the T23 COM team and establishing effective working relationships
Company Information and Proposition
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding team within a successful organisation. You will have training opportunities and potential for career progression. The 13 Type 23 Class frigates are the core of the front-line Fleet, operating globally to protect our nation's interests.
- Engineering Degree (Any area)
- Good understanding of Through-Life Support processes (Naval/Maritime)
- Waterfront Support knowledge
- Project Management
- Defined Interpersonal skills
- Budgetary experience
If you feel like you possess these skills, then please apply now to discuss how we can accelerate your career.
Salary: £46,325 - £53,000 + benefits
Hours: 37 - 40 hours, Mon-Fri
Security: Must be eligible for SC Clearance
Location: Plymouth - with travel to Bristol and Portsmouth
Start Date: ASAP
If you feel like you possess the skills and knowledge of a Waterfront Delivery Manager then please apply to this job to discuss how we can accelerate your career.
Call on 01179 309 732 or send your CV