A successful and ever growing FTSE 100 engineering support services organisation is looking to take on a Systems Engineer to support military communications and intelligence systems within the technology side of the business.
The role sits within a systems engineering led business, CISR (Communication, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance), which is responsible for systems integration and support of military communications and intelligence systems.
As a core member of the team, you will look at systems engineering activities and produce technical information in support of CISR projects and new business opportunities across the system engineering lifecycle.
The lifecycle will encompass the following areas of competency:
- System Concepts;
- System Capability Issues;
- Enterprise and Technology Environment;
- Determining and Managing Stakeholder Requirements;
- Architectural Design;
- Concept Generation;
- Design for attributes, such as safety, security, ARM, etc.;
- Functional Analysis;
- Interface Management;
- Maintain Design Integrity;
- Modelling and Simulation;
- Preferred Solution Selection;
- System Robustness;
- Systems Integration, Verification, and Validation;
- Transition to Operation.
This position is aligned to the systems engineering methodology championed by the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) and its Systems Engineering Body of Knowledge (SEBok). A successful candidate will have detailed knowledge and experience of this.
You will be responsible for managing the MoD requirements throughout the lifecycle of various upgrade projects and could be involved in new Bids. The systems engineer will liaise with the customer and produce reports and diagrams as well as maintaining technical documentation and undertake the management of sub-contractors.
Company Information and Proposition
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an expanding team within a matrix organisation that can provide you with an opportunity for career progress and to work on exciting upgrade projects with the potential to be involved in new ventures.
- Degree OR HNC in an engineering discipline
- Excellent systems engineering knowledge - must have knowledge about systems engineering and able to understand the full lifecycle of a systems engineering project, with appreciation of how a specific system fits into a wider network (e.g. Sonar; Radar; Weapns; Network; Combat systems; Electronic Warfare; RF; Telecommunications; SIGINT; Cyber etc)
- INCOSE/ SEBoK - knowledge of this and practicle experience using these principals
- MoD awareness - have an understanding of military process from acquisition, design, build and test.
- Ex Forces well suited from a similar background (Army, Navy, RAF)
- Understanding of ships/submarine beneficial but not essential
If you feel like you possess these systems engineering skills, then please apply now to discuss how we can accelerate your career.
- Location: Plymouth, regular travel to UK and some overseas travel
- Working hours: 37 hours
- MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE and ITAR