We are looking for a talented Systems Engineer to join our client, a major telecomms company, at their site in Ipswich on an initial 3-6 month contract.
Overview of role
· System engineer and design authority of a data processing network and storage platform. The platform has a range of networking devices, primarily Cisco, Linux VM and standalone servers, NetApp storage and cyber security devices.
· The role requires the engineer to produce the hardware design based on the existing software/dataflow architecture and then develop the platform, including the hands-on configuration.
· Own the entire design lifecycle for a significant hardware data management platform, based on the provided software and data flow architecture.
· Active involvement in the development of the system within the server room at Adastral Park.
· Provide configuration and test of the design.
· Documentation to ensure the system can be rebuilt at its final location and supported in life.
· I will expect them to work largely independently to perform design tasks within the individual work stream
· Work with other specialists within the project and development team to deliver the project
Experience in the below or similar technologies:
· System design and test (essential)
· Network and data management
· Cisco networks
· Cisco Firewalls
· NetApp bulk storage arrays.
· Security applications such as Cisco FirePower
· Awareness of Cyber security systems
· Awareness of platform security
· Willingness for International travel would be a significant advantage but not essential
Interested candidates should apply for this role with their CV in the first instance. Sophie | Sophie . Garty @ experis . co . uk | 0161 924 3651