Our client has an exciting opportunity for a System Monitoring Engineer to join their team based in Lytham for an initial 3 month contract
Due to the nature of the role, candidates are required to possess SC Clearance or be willing to undergo SC Clearance.
The client is looking for a System Monitoring specialists who are technical experts in various monitoring technologies from either a systems or security perspective including those who are currently looking to expand their knowledge and skills. We are looking for individuals who have the capability to
- Work directly with key stakeholders to define requirements and deliverables for the systems and security monitoring teams.
- Produce innovative monitoring solution designs to manage complex cloud based environments.
- Apply depth and breadth of technical knowledge and be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise.
- Contribute to knowledge tools and communities, and ensure learnings are shared for reuse.
Core Skills and Experience
- 5+ years' experience designing Service Management Monitoring solutions, preferably with HP Operations Manager; though in-depth experience of other systems management suites will be considered.
- Coding and Scripting experience (Windows PowerShell, VBScript, Perl, Java, Bourne/Korn shell, SQL, regex).
- A background in security and system management, ITIL Service Management or other related IT discipline.
- Experience in working to an engineering process and following a defined release management process.
- Strong diagnostic and logical fault-finding skills are essential.
- Administrator level knowledge of RedHat Linux, Windows 2003, 2008, XP & 7, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX and ESX.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Microsoft SCOM Administration Experience
- IBM Netcool or Tivoli at an Admin/Developer level
- HP Discovery and Dependency Mapping Inventory
- CA IT Client Manager
- HP SiteScope
- HP Asset Manager
- ITIL Accreditation