System Administrator (Linux, RedHat, RHEL, Solaris)
System Administrator (Linux, RedHat, RHEL, Solaris) required to join a reputable telecommunications company based in London. This is a contract position due to last for an initial 3-6 months with a circa of £330 - 355 pay per day.
This will involve working in the core a strong media company. Their focus is on delivering the highest quality broadband and telephony network, enabling the company to offer the best broadband and talk products in the market. The infrastructure department oversees the building, management, maintenance, and security of the server estate that these products and services run on.
As a member of the operational system administration team the candidate will be involved in the management, maintenance, security, and operational availability of the 1,300 servers in the SNS IS Unix server estate. The ability to work as part of a larger team with good communication skills is essential to the role.
- Must have strong hands experience with Linux RedHat 6
- Unix administration Of Oracle Solaris
- Day to day processing of request, change, and incident work tickets
- Account administration of the central authentication system to SNS based services
- Engagement with 3rd party vendors, raising support tickets and assisting engineers
- Basic shell scripting and automation process work
Contribute to improvements to existing systems
- Expert experience with Linux Red Hat 6 operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Solaris 10/11
- Good Knowledge of Oracle Solaris Cluster 2
- Take responsibility for building and maintaining UNIX systems that make up the SNS-IS infrastructure estate
- Perform maintenance and updates of existing systems to mitigate failures and increase security
- Work as a member of the team to facilitate improvements and increase the efficiency of the department as a whole
- Good emotional skills, remaining calm under pressure in a crisis or incident
Experience of developing operational support systems in an ISP or telecommunications company would be advantageous
If this opportunity is of interest to you please submit your CV in the first instance. For more information you can contact James Brown - 0161 924 1425