Sustainment Engineer - Test Systems Support
This role encompasses all engineering disciplines with exposure to various electronic systems, products and technologies.
The Test Systems Engineer will be responsible for investigating and resolving engineering issues with Test Systems. Working in a production environment, the engineer will be capable of diagnosing test system electrical and electronic issues as well as driving design changes. The role requires handling of multiple tasks and the ability to respond to changing priorities whilst still delivering against task completion commitments.
- Rapid response to production test equipment failures
- Technical investigation of test equipment issues
- Provide root cause analysis and corrective action resulting from FRACAS activities (Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System)
- Update and release of supporting documentation
- Scoping and progressing longer term solutions
- Closing out new and ongoing Corrective Actions
- Scoping work for outsource suppliers
- Drive down the cost of production through the generation and execution of process improvement and material cost reduction initiatives
- Ensuring compliance with mandatory regulations, standards and company processes
- Technical knowledge of Test Systems hardware and software
- Experience/knowledge of electrical and electronics hardware and software design and support activities
- Experience of working in a similar role and environment, not limited to aerospace