Supply Chain Master Scheduler
£40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
We are looking to recruit a Supply Chain Master Scheduler to work on a permanent basis for the UKs leading engineering support services provider to the MoD and the Armed forces, based on location at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth.
The opportunities will be working for the organisations Marine & Technology division, the leading marine support business in the UK. The Division delivers a wide range of through-life engineering services to commercial and defence markets in the UK and overseas. The Supply Chain Master Scheduler is in charge of supply chain planning, controlling and managing the project material requirements to ensure availability meets the operational demands of the business. The role is tasked with providing material and inventory analysis on a unit by unit basis, controlling and optimising opportunities where they prevail, mitigating any potential supply risks and to ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- Forecasting the (aggregate) demand for the business unit; monitoring the factory and supply chain workloads and capacities; producing a master schedule to control and pace both internal production and the external supply chain
- Defining the ordering policy and inventory policy (i.e. buffer stock levels) for the overall supply chain and implementing the relevant inbound logistics and supply chain management arrangements with suppliers
- Supporting the Value Stream Managers and Process Owners in defining and implementing balanced production/build plans and levelled schedules.
- Developing and maintaining accurate daily/weekly/monthly build and ordering schedules; producing internal works orders and external purchase orders.
- Monitoring and maintaining accurate ERP data (BoMs, product structure, routings, lead-time synthetics)
- Providing supply chain capacity, load and flexibility reporting and information to help create a suitable supply chain framework capable of servicing the Business Unit and of continuously improving its efficiency
- Continuous Improvement, 5S, and Root Cause Problem Solving
- To interface regularly with Sales and Engineering to track new business quoting and to ensure support to new product introductions
- Developing reporting staff; setting clear objectives; managing performance; developing skills and competences
- Ideally MCIPS or APICS full qualification
- Lean Six Sigma certification desirable
- Experience in use of MPS and MRP systems
- Understanding of manufacturing in highly pressurised environments
- Experience in material planning and inventory control techniques
- Positive "can do" attitude
- Analytical thinking
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and persuasion skills
- Familiar with Microsoft office applications
- Able to work under own initiative and complete tasks on time
What's on Offer?
- £40,000 - £45,00
- 25 days annual leave, bank hols,
- Pension (matched +0.5% up to 7.5%),
- 20 days CSP rising to 120 after 3 years,
- Share Save Scheme
- Staff Discounts on Shopping (incl Car Hire, Holidays etc)
- Employee Development allowance £125/year)
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme