Supply Chain Manager - Aerospace
Bristol £55000 + Bonus + Car
We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager - Aerospace Engineering permanent basis for a leading engineering support services organisation based in Bristol.
The organisation is at FTSE100 business and the UKs leading provider of engineering support services to the MoD and the Armed Forces. The role will be working within their Aerospace and Air Defence business responsible for the delivery to the operations team's effective and efficient levels of quality goods and services to ensure the sustainment of the required output in a timely manner and for best value.
Key outputs/deliverables will be:
- The delivery of sufficient levels of quality goods and services to sustain operational output below budget.
- The maintenance of supply performance.
- Delivery of analysis and trending on supplier performance with regard to timeliness, volume, quality and price, and recommendations of corrective and preventative measures.
- Demonstration that purchasing decisions have taken account of stock levels, buy/repair analysis and obsolescence liabilities.
- A monthly status report to the Air Head of Procurement & Supply Chain detailing spend against budget, forecast spend, trends and mitigations.
- Demonstration that MRO capability has been optimised in support of their platform.
- A visit plan for key suppliers.
- An accurate forecast of supply chain costs in time for each budget round.
- Maintaining effective communications and developing appropriate relationships with internal and external stakeholders, especially Contract Managers, Technical Services and Key Suppliers.
- Analysing the spend profile and defining in conjunction with key business owners, appropriate procurement and contracting strategies to achieve the business needs and ensure lowest cost of acquisition.
- Establishing, managing and communicating contractual frameworks with key suppliers, ensuring goods and services are procured at the lowest total cost to the business.
- Establishing a robust, visible and effective Supplier Relationship framework which supports both the current contracts and future growth of the Air BU, including a supplier visit plan.
- Ensuring Service Level Agreements are in place; remain valid; contain appropriate KPIs; and adequately reflect the level of Supply Chain performance both required and delivered.
Technical Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- MCIPS or working towards (Desirable)
- Experience within procurement and supply chain environment with knowledge of the aerospace industry
- Experience of Developing Contract / Framework agreements
- Supplier management
- Previous experience within an OEM led Procurement environment
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Trusted to be an ambassador for the Air BU and to present themselves and in a positive light in any scenario, company or forum.
- Delivery focussed with a pragmatic, hands-on approach that enables strategies to be fully executed
- High levels energy to succeed, with a strong, positive sense of purpose and commitment to excellence.
- High Analytical capability - able to process large volumes of data and produce reports
What's on offer?
- Starting salary £55000
- 10% performance related bonus
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Contribution Pension Scheme
- Share Save Scheme
- Staff Discounts on Shopping (incl Car Hire, Holidays etc)