My client a leading Engineering Services company based in Anglesey are urgently seeking an experienced Structural Technician to join their team for a minimum of 3 months with potential for extension.
A need has arisen for a Structures Technician to be part of the Hawk IOS T1 Majors Modification Programme contract at RAF Valley. The successful candidates will report to the Senior Supervisor and will be part of the team supporting the Majors Mods Programme at RAF Valley. Pay £17.50 LTD
The job holder will be required to:-
* Carry out all required work within their area of specialisation on Hawk T1/T2
* All tasks pertinent to the preparation despatch and receipt of Trade related equipment in accordance with all relevant, current technical instructions.
* Identify and replace items and associated equipment, undertake required maintenance tasks and testing related to the replacement
* Complete all necessary paperwork.
* Support line manager in the continuous improvement of all work processes.
* All actions and decisions shall be limited to those actions governed by experience and competence as directed by your Supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
* Will be at skilled producer level with considerable experience of fast jet or recognisable civilian equivalent experience in their primary trade discipline
* Good overall trade knowledge, i.e. understanding of aircraft airframe systems.
* Practical structural repair experience either in aircraft manufacture or as part of a repair team.
* Full (UK) Driving Licence
* An understanding of the principles and experience of working to the BS ISO Quality Standard, Environmental Standard and the Occupational Health and Safety Standard
* Ability to work unsupervised
* Able to interpret and follow technical drawings accurately
* Willing to Learn, Customer Focused and Quality Orientated
* Flexible, Enthusiastic and a Disciplined Team Player
* Methodical, Conscientious, Capable of working on own initiative
* Able to implement and maintain efficient working practices
* Able to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
* Able to display a positive attitude toward their work
This contract is being offered on an ongoing contract basis. Potentially up to 48 hours pw on offer (depending on business needs) and the client can consider flexible work pattern (MOnday to Thursday, for example)
Please call Nikita Shellard on 0117 9309 724 for immediate consideration.