SQL Production DBA
| || |
Up to £46,045 pa
My cleint are looking for a SQL Production DBA to ensure our databases are well maintained, contain good quality data and are specified to the correct volume metrics.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide support for all critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other non SQL based team members.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Microsoft Database technologies including SSIS and SSRS
- Hands on experience of SQL Server versions up to and including 2014
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical language to a non technical audience.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Identify, prioritise and plan effectively - Experienced
- Deliver appropriate outcomes in line with our objectives - Experienced
- Evaluate, learn, adapt and improve - Experienced
- Understand our audience - Experienced
- Communicate clearly - Mentor
- Build good working relationships - Experienced
- Respect others - Experienced
- Take responsibility - Experienced
- Behave professionally - Experienced
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of up to £46,045 we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- generous annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location.