Specialist IT Engineer | IT Field Engineer & Service Desk Engineer | WFH
Microsoft Office 365, Windows Server (2012 - 2019), Hyper-V, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO and RDS inc Azure AD, Networking, DNS/DHCP/TCP/IP/VLAN, Wi-Fi, IT Security, Azure, VMware (setup, maintain and troubleshoot), Backup Solutions, OS deployment Microsoft Intune, MSP experience - ConnectWise / SD Tool, IPCCTV.
£22,000pa to £27,000pa + Pension + 30 Days Holiday + Rewards Scheme + Work From Home Option
Permanent Role | Full time 8:30am to 5:30pm + O/T & Out of Hours Pay | Pool Vehicle Use | Annual Salary Review
This Experis IT client are an award-winning MSP with offices in South Staffordshire and the North West (Cheshire) who deliver world class IT Service Desk Support, IT Engineering and IT Consulting Services to a wide range of business sectors.
They are urgently seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated and skilled IT Engineer to join their growing IT Team that are a key element interfacing with the customers for their on-site / off-site Technical Support.
This role is to provide IT Technical Support, IT Service Desk Support and IT Engineering Service to customers via telephone, remote support and onsite visits, as well as supporting your colleagues as required. This role requires a flexible person as you will work remotely, and also be required to attend the Staffordshire HQ and/or customer sites visits 2 to 3 times per week (average) for Technical builds, configs and upgrades. For site visits you will have the use of company pool vehicles.
As an IT Engineer, you will be expected to carry out IT support services to customers including management of the complete ticket lifecycle. You will be required to ensure that appropriate actions are taken to resolve support tickets, fully documenting them as you go with progress and resolution information. Take ownership of support tickets and work on them until resolution.
Technical skills preferred:
- Microsoft/Office 365
- Windows Server (2012 - 2019 Hyper-V)
- Proficient with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO and RDS including Azure AD
- Networking - Including DNS/DHCP/TCP/IP/VLAN and wireless tech
- IT security solutions
- Proven experience in Azure and VMware with the ability to setup, maintain and troubleshoot servers
- Backup solutions
- OS deployment mechanisms - Including Microsoft Intune
- Previous MSP experience - ConnectWise / SD tool exp
- Provide support to customers, suppliers and partners via telephone, remote support & onsite visits
- Take ownership of tickets and be responsible for your allocated work
- Obsessively communicate with customers via telephone & maintain excellent written job-notes throughout
- Adhere to & contribute toward company processes and procedures
- Manage your workload, whilst meeting & exceeding KPI's and targets
- Carry out Project Engineering works when required by Professional Services
- Contribute to the continual improvement of not only the service, but the company as a whole
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in an MSP-related IT support role (or equivalent)
- Strong communication skills, ability to build and maintain working relationships with internal & external customers
- The attitude to contribute ideas to continually improve processes & procedures - making sure problems "never come back" and helping colleagues to do the same
- Dynamic and flexible 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and a fast pace environment
- Clean Full UK Driving License with regular access to own transportation (essential)
Please Note: Alongside working remotely, you will be required to attend customer site-visits at short notice, and occasionally be required to work outside of regular hours.
Take this opportunity to rise above your peers and call Experis IT today!