Solutions Architect required to join a reputable technology company based in Derby. This will be a contract position and will last for an initial 3 months with a daily circa of £400 - 420 per day.
The project is a multi-year deployment of the end clients SIMATIC IT manufacturing execution systems (MES) capability to the manufacturing and assembly plants of the global client. The objective is to deploy a common, single version of MES across all plants, including those already using earlier versions of the same application and those using legacy solutions.
Deployment of the application will be based on a number of regional infrastructure "hubs", the design, build, test, commissioning and implementation of which is a key deliverable of this project. Once the hubs are in place, a series of plant-by-plant migrations to the new MES solution must be planned and executed with zero disruption to the client's manufacturing capacity.
- Responsible for the IT solution architecture and oversight of design and implementation of the end to end technical solution for Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) projects.
- Leads, mentors and develops technical staff.
- Lead supplier technical integration workshops to ensure that all technical aspects of the solution are understood by each supplier.
- Leads all technical members ( and third party suppliers) of a programme team across multiple projects delivering infrastructure, networks and manufacturing and shop-floor IT systems to the
- Reports to the Programme Manager and Domain Architect.
- Works with Project Managers to plan, schedule and assign tasks to team members.
- Uses structured problem solving and analytical skills and applies a broad and thorough understanding of IT infrastructure and applications covering clients, servers, storage, networks and commercial off-the-shelf applications to resolve implementation issues
- Works across the full project lifecycle to support design/configuration, implementation and testing and transition to support of all IT systems .
- Analyses requirements and supports the creation of estimates for new project quotations.
- Leads the continuous improvement of processes and methods employed by the client to deliver MES solutions for clients.
- Works alongside customers and other vendors in integrated project teams.
- Presents project status and clearly articulates issues to customer management.
- Travel to customer site during workshops and implementation as necessary
Education and Experience Required
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Eight years experience in a similar role.
- Able to obtain security clearance, but not necessary to commence role.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Able to coordinate technical work among third party suppliers
- Self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentational communication skills.
- Able to confidently interact with client senior executives and explain complex, technical issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiar with TOGAF principles and methods.
- Familiar with Siemens SIMATIC IT manufacturing execution system (installation, integration and configuration).
- Familiar with other manufacturing enterprise systems software.
- Understanding of virtual server builds and implementations
- Understanding of networks and implementation
- Understanding of active directory, DNS and DHCP
- Understanding of commercial off-the-shelf software integration and configuration.
- Understanding of RDBMS databases (MS SQL Server and/or Oracle).
- Understanding of the full IT project/product lifecycle
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please submit your CV in the first instance.