Overview of the Role
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Solutions Architect to take ownership of the development of a range of business systems in a large manufacturing company. Working within a small, close knit team of expert software developers you will benefit from a high degree of autonomy and be the go-to software expert within the IT team. You will work closely with end users to identify functional issues and architect suitable solutions to existing ERP applications and also for Greenfield projects. The IT roadmap consists of varied projects that you will be involved in throughout the full software development lifecycle from interpreting requirements, architecting solutions that utilise the latest and best technical solutions, collaborating with the development team providing mentoring and expert insight into software development principals and approaches, through to deployment and support.
You will need to be a dynamic, proactive, resourceful individual able to work on your own initiative, someone who has a keen interest keeping up to date with the evolution of the latest technologies. This is a varied, interesting and challenging role encompassing a wide spectrum of technical responsibilities and which provides an opportunity to work with a range of engineering professionals across the business.
- Architecture and Development of software applications to address business needs
- Technical guidance, leadership and expertise on Business Systems and Infrastructure
- Mentoring and technical guidance to members of the IT Team
- Acts as Technical Lead for Systems projects
- On-going evolution of existing business systems
- Take ownership of any and all IT issues arising in the absence of the Business Support Manager
- BSc/BEng, HNC or NVQ level 4 in Software Engineering related role or Equivalent Experience
- Experience or solid understanding and involvement in Application Architecture
- 5 years or more commercial .Net Development experience
- C# 2.0 or newer (4.0 ideal)
- SQL (SQL Server, MySQL or related)
- WPF, WCF, JSON (beneficial but not essential)
- Knowledge of Java advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication essential
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established advanced engineering company at a significant time of growth. If you would like to find out more about the role please apply with your CV or give me a call for a confidential conversation.
Experis are acting as an employment agency in regards to this role. You must have the current right to work in the UK to be considered.
Keywords, Technical Architect, Solutions Architect, Software Engineering, Development, ERP, Infor 10, RPG, C#, ASP.Net, SQL, SQL Server, WCF, WPF, JSON, Java,