Solutions Architect (Financial Background Required)
A Solutions Architect with strong understanding and experience within the financial sector is required to join the worlds most reputable and leading insurance company. This contract will last for an initial 6 months and will be based in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
- To act as design authority across programmes and on projects to define, design, oversee and deliver solution consultancy for the implementation of new systems and changes to existing systems ensuring alignment to the clients IT target architecture.
- This is a key role in the development of IT solutions, ensuring that business requirements are translated into fit for purpose IT solutions that meet the demand of the business. The role is critical in ensuring alignment to PPP target architecture and must have a level of strategic understanding to ensure that solutions are developed in such a way that they align to and support the IT and business strategies
Reporting to the Technical Design Lead to:
- Define Solution designs for projects, evaluating all technical options available to meet the business requirements
- Be responsible for ensuring solution design is compliant with company standards and target architecture
- Be responsible for reviewing non-functional requirements and providing advice to the project development team on achievability and appropriateness of the requirements
- Contribute to IT reference architecture to support the development of the Target Architecture and route maps
Key Skills & Experience
- Degree level educated or relevant professional qualification
- Strong track record of working within the financial and insurance sector.
- TOGAF certification desirable
- Good knowledge of one or more sets of applications or key technologies in use within the company, acting as a subject matter expert demonstrating broad and in-depth knowledge.
- Good influencing, negotiation and communication skills, managing effective stakeholder relationships to Senior Manager and "Head of" level. Able to engage staff at all levels, gaining buy-in to the benefits of adoption of new methods and systems
- Good communication skills and ability to build strong reciprocal relationships with colleagues and senior business stakeholders across the company, gaining trust and support and encouraging collaboration
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and their potential to deliver business benefits.
- Able to translate business strategy into technical solutions and business requirements into technical design.
If this opportunity is of interest to you please submit your CV in the first instance and for more information call 0161 924 1368