Solution Designer - Infrastructure to be based in Glasgow on an 6 Month contract. Experienced Solution Designer with strong infrastructure experience.
Job Title - Solution Designer - Infrastructure
Location - Glasgow
Rate - £ 400 plus per day
Duration - 6 Months
As a member of Solution, Planning and Design (SPD) organization the Solution Designer (SD) role supports the Solution Planner (SP) and Infrastructure Project Manager (IPM) roles throughout the ISG Plan Phase of The Way We Get Work Done (TWWGWD) process. The SD provides comprehensive technical governance, translates infrastructure requirements into standardized infrastructure solutions, and delivers detailed infrastructure solution designs (ISD) within the context of a project. Projects will vary in scope complexity and scale, often times involving combinations of different technology platforms and a multitude of non-technical constraints.
- Participate in Plan Phase meetings.
- Coordinate & facilitate Plan Phase design meetings towards a final ISD.
- Drive technical discussions during design meetings towards a technical consensus that meets the Infrastructure Requirements Matrix (IRM) & ISG architecture standards.
- Cross-check IRM with draft ISD.
- Draft & present ISD towards written consensus / approval from all project stakeholders.
- Present draft ISD to ad hoc peer review for validation.
- Provide technical governance during each assigned project's Design Gate process.
- Finalize ISD documentation & present to project stakeholders for future reference.
- Provide technical consulting to the project stakeholders throughout the TWWGWD process.
- Perform a cross check between the final ISD and the as-built implementation.
- Participate in Lessons Learned sessions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
- Demonstrated history of strong communication and collaboration abilities in a highly matrixed environment while setting / completing project milestones on time.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In depth technical knowledge in at least two infrastructures related technology domains.
- Operational experience with application architectures including various middleware, database, & voice / data network technology stacks.
- Working knowledge of industry standard architecture frameworks (e.g. Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
- Ability to work independently & as part of a highly performing, geographically dispersed, matrixed team in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of systems development life cycle; particularly in contemporary requirements validation and technical solution design.
- Prior Client International Markets IT experience a plus, but not required.
- ITIL functional experience desired.
- Flexibility in work schedule is paramount.
- Proactive relationship building with project stakeholders to leverage for recurring project engagements.
Candidates should submit CVs in the first instance. Mike Tripp 0161 924 3631