Our client, a leading IT Services Provider, is looking for a Solaris Engineer to join their team.
This is a contract position based in Newcastle running initially until April 2017.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be SC Cleared or be willing to undergo the processes to obtain clearance.
- Applies Solaris technical knowledge to solve complex business requirements and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
- Uses consulting skills including, but not limited to: interviewing clients to understand business needs, developing technical solutions, and working with multiple teams to accomplish project deliverables.
- Capable of consulting, designing, testing, implementing, managing capability requirements, integration of custom components into varied environments and provision of third level production support using standard methodologies.
- Responsible for client/account interactions as required
- Responsible for producing part or all of the technical solution for the account/client, in accordance with an agreed technical design.
- Responsible to make sure that the project deliverable is completed accurately and on time
- Responsible for escalating the issues, problems, risks, and constraints to the appropriate parties for clarification and resolution
- Responsible for design and engineering of custom Infrastructure solutions based on Linux servers.
- Responsible for communication with the Lead Engineer and account/client.
- Responsible for the engineering of end to end solutions as required
- Responsible for keeping abreast of new/emerging technology
- Responsible for design, development, implementation using the Global Engineering specifications, methodology and practical application of ITIL practices and processes
- Unix System Administration I and II Certification
- At least 3 years (Specialist) or 5 years (Expert) of experience using, building and maintaining Solaris.
- Is able to review and modify Low Level Designs (LLDs)
Basic knowledge of most of the following areas:
- Linux/UNIX based
- Web Server (Sun One, iPlanet, Apache)
- RDMBS (Oracle)
- Application server (Apache, JBoss, TomCat, WebLogic)
- Networking fundamentals
- Load Balancing (F5, Cisco)
- High Availability and Clustering
- J2EE Architecture
- Linux/UNIX Scripting
- Good understanding and basic (technical) knowledge of Cloud technologies
- Veritas Volume Manager and File System management
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.