Support Team Lead
I am please to be working in partnership with a highly regarded IT service provider based in Swindon during a significant period of change for them. The transformation roadmap includes bringing their support function in line with the latest best practise methodologies to streamline their efficiency and highlight any areas for further improvement. To facilitate this they are seeking an experienced software support engineer who has led and mentored teams who would now like an opportunity to lead from the front untilising and evangelising the use of Agile Methodologies.
Daily responsibilities of this role include managing the day-to-day work of the team and ensure SLA targets are met for incident and problem management. You will ensure that support coverage is adequate across a range of technology stacks, and be aware of the priorities of the business. Being responsible for the delivery of change; you will ensure resources are made available depending on the needs of the business and activities for a release are managed. You will also be required to liaise with other technical and functional support teams, Project Managers, Infrastructure and the Architecture team in order to ensure that changes and incident resolutions are co-ordinated and delivered to the highest standards.
This is a highly visible role within an established IT team and one that will allow you to progress you career by successfully improving the efficiency of the complete support function. Your career development will be supported with training relevant to your needs and can include becoming a certified Scrum Master.
- Hands-on experience of being a member of a support team
- Experience of people management and mentoring
- Understanding of service support process especially incident management and ITIL principles
- Strong planning and organisation skills and experience of managing resources
- Excellent influencing and communications skills
- Ability to provide expert advice on system use to technical and nontechnical stakeholders
- Broad exposure to Agile methodologies
- Experience of being the Scrum Master (or desire to do so)
- Hands on use of Kanban
- Ability and knowledge to mentor technical team members across varied technology stacks
Relevant Technologies - Experience in one or more required
- .Net Software Development or Support
- Sieble Systems
- Oracle Apps or OBIEE
With a competitive starting salary and a range of exceptional benefits if you feel you would relish the challenge of this opportunity please apply with your CV or give me a call today.
Experis are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. You must have the current right to work in the UK to be considered.
Keywords, Support, Engineer, Software, Applications, .Net, OBIEE, Oracle, LANDesk, Sieble, eBusiness, Agile, Scrum Master, Kanban, Manage, Mentor, Team Lead, Support, Engineer, Software, Applications, .Net, OBIEE, Oracle, LANDesk, Sieble, eBusiness, Agile, Scrum Master, Kanban, Manage, Mentor, Team Lead,