Software Project Manager
Location: Devonport, Plymouth
Salary: £37,000 - £39,555
A Software Project Manager is required to work for the UK's Leading Engineering Support Services Organisation as part of their Marine and Technology Division based in Devonport, Plymouth.
As a Project Manager you will work as part of the Project Management Office team, firstly responsible for providing visibility of all system changes and enhancements requested from the business. This will involve managing and implementing controls for all of the changes and enhancements.
Once all the controls are in place it will then be rotated amongst the team so as a Project Manager you will manage more typical IT Projects. As a Software Project Manager you will be expected to
- Coordinate and project manage a number of agile software development projects involving in house development teams, COTS packages and third party software providers
- Liaise with our Core IT department for all infrastructure elements of their projects
- Acquire and utilise the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
- Customer mobilisation for scoping requirements, test resource for UAT (Tracking & chasing)
- Provide ongoing tracking of cost, time, resource and scope
- Provide exception based reporting to Heads of Department so they can manage demand & priority, overall budget and resource commitments.
- Stakeholder management and all outside communications
The successful candidate will have demonstrable Software Application Project Management experience using the Agile Methodology. You will have awareness of the Applications Lifecycle Management process.
Must be able to manage multiple projects as well demonstrate Stakeholder management.
A formal Project Management methodology is required e.g. Prince 2 or APM. Highly desirable to have SCRUM qualification or Agile equivalent
This role requires the individual to hold or be able to obtain SC Clearance on acceptance of the position.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV to Gemma Roberts for more information.