Software Engineer / Up to GBP 70,000 plus benefits / Cheltenham
Software Engineer C/C++
An opportunity has arisen for multiple Software Engineers to work for a bespoke software house division of a large prestigious organisation: a consultancy, media and telecommunications company. This company is a globally recognised brand that due to period of sustained growth is looking to recruit multiple software engineers of all seniority levels, technology experience and skill sets to support their customers on projects across public and private sectors enabling them to investigate fraud and cyber crime, become more connected and communicate securely anytime, anywhere.
The company is looking for experienced Consultant Software Engineers, Lead Software Engineers and Principal Software Engineers to be part of a team delivering first class cutting edge technology solutions to their customers.
The business is committed to investment in its workforce, and successful individuals will be provided with extensive training in a variety of upcoming technologies such as big data, cyber security cloud and android.
Your day to day responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
- Developing relationships with internal and external customers/suppliers/partners
- Applying practical knowledge in order to implement industry best practice in all aspects of software engineering and systems engineering
- Meeting challenging delivery objectives leveraging hands/on technical experience and academic studies
The successful candidate will be an up-to date practitioner in several of the following areas as well as being eligible to attain security clearance:
- Software languages C/Objective C/C++(STL, multi-threaded/real-time), C#, Java/JEE
- Mobile development platform knowledge including Android, iOS, ARM
- Big data experience (including Apache Hadoop, Pig, Hive)
- Experience of real-time processing of data
- Knowledge of underlying networks and protocols including understanding of TCP/IP, network protocols, firewalls, and packet analysis
- Penetration testing/ethical hacking/vulnerability research with reverse engineering
- Low level Linux programming/operating system security/network and platform design
- Cyber security knowledge/certifications including CISSP, GIAC, Network+, Linux+, SANS, CCNA, SSCP, MCSE
- Experience of the full software/systems engineering lifecycle
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career with exciting, interesting work within a prestigious organisation that will heavily invest in training and development. The business offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For any further information contact Matthew Dewsnap on 0161 924 1387.