Fancy working with one of the UK's biggest IT companies?
Role: Software Development Engineer, C#, C++
Contract - 12 Months
Start Date: ASAP
About the client:
Our client enables people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential by creating technology that transforms the way people work, play, and communicate. They develop and market software, services, and hardware that deliver new opportunities, greater convenience, and enhanced value to people's lives. Doing business worldwide and have offices in more than 100 countries. Role Purpose:
The companies project aims to develop a holographic storage solution for Cloud data centres, using a multi-disciplinary approach spanning media physics, optical physics, machine learning and storage systems. They are building a simulation codebase to aid in this task. Traces from live production workloads will be analysed and simulated using code developed in-house mostly in C# with some C++ components. They also have computer-controlled optical test rigs which are implemented in C# and C++ with an API to Python used by the scientific team. A secondary role would be to help with the testing and maintenance of this lab automation codebase.
What we'll need from you:
- High energy Engineer who will help maximize return on investment in Cloud services
- Connect with and guide Cloud service customers and partners in their journey to adoption and consumption of their entitled workloads.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the service, take ownership for service improvement
- Share knowledge with others through solution documents, contribute to social media, proactively engaging in technical communities
- Drive positive business impact based on a deep understanding of customer and partner needs.
- Build strong relationships with customers and partners and become a trusted advisor
Essential Candidate Skills and Experience:
- Cross-language programming in C#, C++
- Track record of writing and testing C#/C++ code as part of a large code base.
- Familiarity with Visual Studio 2019 and git
- Previous experience working in a research or advanced R&D environment
- BSc or master's in computer science
- At least 5 years professional programming experience on Windows
- Programming experience/familiarity with Windows, Powershell, and Azure compute services.
- Experience/familiarity with Python
- Can work independently with minimal supervision towards defined tasks within a team
- Able to thrive in a highly agile environment where priorities and tasks change frequently.
- This project spans multiple disciplines, so the ability to communicate well with other team members and support overall team goals is crucial.
If this sounds like you, please do not hesitate to apply now!