Overview of the Role
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Software Engineer to work in a large manufacturing business developing Full Stack ASP.Net, C#, SQL Server applications. Working within a small, close knit team of expert developers you will work with a high degree of autonomy whilst receiving the support to improve your knowledge and understanding of advanced development principals. You will work closely with end users to identify functional issues with existing applications and to make recommendations in the use of technologies and solutions for Greenfield projects. The development roadmap consists of varied projects that you will be involved in throughout the full software development lifecycle from interpreting requirements and collaborating with the technical architect on through to deployment.
You will need to be a dynamic, proactive, resourceful individual able to work on your own initiative, someone who has a keen interest in coding and keeping up to date with the evolution of the latest technologies. This is a varied, interesting and challenging role encompassing a wide spectrum of technical responsibilities and which provides an opportunity to work with a wide range of engineering professionals across the business.
- Development of software applications to address business needs
- Working collaboratively within the team and wider business as required
- On-going evolution of existing and newly developed applications
- General IT support within team framework when necessary
- BSc/BEng, HNC or NVQ level 4 in Software Engineering related role or Equivalent Experience
- 2/3 years or more commercial coding experience
- C# 2.0 or newer (4.0 ideal)
- SQL (SQL Server, MySQL or related)
- WPF, WCF, JSON (beneficial but not essential)
- Knowledge of Java advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication essential
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established advanced engineering company at a significant time of growth. If you would like to find out more about the role please apply with your CV or give me a call for a confidential conversation.
Experis are acting as an employment agency in regards to this role. You must have the current right to work in the UK to be considered.
Keywords, Software Engineering, Development, C#, ASP.Net, SQL, SQL Server, WCF, WPF, JSON, Java,