Service Delivery Consultant - Erskine - 6 months
Due to the nature of the role you will require valid SC clearance. Applicants who are eligible for SC clearance may also be considered.
The team is required to ensure the continued, successful operation and performance for the customers distributed environment. Servers exist not only in the customer's office but also the infrastructure within the data centres on specified accounts and many specialised application servers.
The Server Support teams are responsible for ensuring the operational performance of the central infrastructure servers (Active Directory / Domain Controllers / Wins / DHCP / DNS etc.) and all distributed Microsoft platform servers throughout the enterprise.
- To maintain operational performance of all Microsoft platform Servers at customer contracted availability through a combination of preventative maintenance and effective problem resolution.
- To set and implement policy for the organisation and control of access administration rights across all server running Microsoft operating systems.
- To participate in the change control process and review and approve/reject changes.
- To develop, implement and test recovery processes for all aspects of the Microsoft platform Service.
- To develop and maintain server related documentation and ensure that such documentation accurately the installed base of equipment.
- Management of server operating parameters.
- Maintenance of the optimum server environment through the centralised control of resource configurations.
- Establishment of baseline metrics to be monitored and liaison with Tools Support and Monitoring to implement the necessary polling requirements.
- Report information on exception conditions related to the availability and performance of server resources.
- Identify and optimise the performance of critical system resources through system tuning, and provide report information regarding the performance and capacity of the managed system.
- Recommend and install upgrades (as needed) of performance and capacity-related systems management agents.
- Perform long-term trending of the utilisation of key system resources and recommendations for replacement or upgrade of resources.
- To ensure that only approved server changes are applied to the infrastructure.
- Management of the configuration of system disk space to be used by the operating system, applications, and data storage. This includes the documentation and verification of proper naming standards and user permissions used for directories and files.
- Maintain all central infrastructure servers for correct configuration and operation including Active Directory, WINS, DHCP, DNS, Intranet\Internet and Exchange servers.
- Management of the Corporate DNS service.
- Provision of baselined server builds during the implementation phase of new projects.
- To develop, maintain and apply standard work instructions for repeatable processes.
- To participate in new implementation and office re-organisation design reviews.
- To carry out infrastructure related office re-organisation activities (filestore migrations, user migrations etc).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Understanding of technology in direct responsibility
- (developing) General understanding of related technologies
- Customer Service
- General Project Management
- (developing) Customer/Vendor Management
- (developing) Business Analysis
- (developing) General Financial Management