Our client, a leading gaming organisation, is currently looking to hire a UX Designer to join a well-established team in Leeds.
Our client love to hire people with a passion for learning and self-improvement, and teamed with their innovative technologies this offers you an opportunity to grow and be part of the bigger picture long-term. You will be working in a team of fantastic people who want to push themselves too. This is an ideal role for those looking to make a positive impact within your area of expertise, embrace the chance to learn and develop with a view to becoming an expert in your field.
As a UX Designer you will have a passion for usability, an eye for visual consistency and a knack for reducing the complex to the bare essentials.
You will have a proven track record in executing innovative interactive experiences, and an ability to evolve the user experience, including maintaining and updating global brand and UX guidelines, principles and templates. You will also help support the Head of User Experience in executing the UX vision and strategy for achieving brand and consistency across the digital estate.
As a UX Designer you will be a strong practitioner and understand the importance of user-centred design. You will be able to take strategic direction, know how research can best be used to inform their decisions, and employ broader industry experience, along with a wide range of media, applications and technologies to deliver a world-class user experience. The work ranges from producing site maps, Omni-channel user journeys, taxonomies, wireframes and interactive prototypes for, but not limited to, web, social, tablet and mobile services and applications.
You will also assist in promoting the practice of UX, and the need for best practice guidelines and principles to deliver a consistent customer experience across the digital estate.
In addition you should have an ability to communicate with confidence to team members and stakeholders around the business.
Skills and experience required
- Graduate degree in Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, or HCI, or equivalent experience
- Experience in a similar large media company or leading digital agency
- Proven experience in UCD, human interface guidelines, standards, and best practices as they apply to platforms and devices
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies, with an ability to conduct competitor analysis and benchmarking, create user journeys, user flows, wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Experience working within an agile delivery environment, and in a highly collaborative manner with multiple skill sets
- Experience of designing digital services for consumption over web, mobile and social platforms
- Proven ability to drive increase in audience engagement through design
- Strong background in gathering business requirements and translating these into workflows, wireframes and sitemaps
- Experience with web metrics (Google Analytics or Omnature)
- Proficient with tools and applications such as Omnigraffle, Axure and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to own and lead multiple projects, delivering on time and on brief
If you are interested please forward me your CV so that we can get in contact about current and future opportunities at Experis. Applicants should submit their CV at the first instance.