Systems Engineer, Server Engineer, Windows 2012, Hyper-V, Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, Office 365, cloud, Azure.
We are working in partnership with a high-growth organisation based in Oxfordshire to recruit for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their team based in Banbury.
You will be expected to provide 3rd line support for the cloud and server infrastructure following ITIL best practices to ensure that the business runs smoothly and the lights are kept on. Key Skills - Windows Server, Hyper-V, AD, Exchange, O365, MS Azure.
- Perform management and monitoring of the global cloud and Server estate
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing root cause for operational incidents
- Management of operational incidents through to resolution
- Provide service integration of multiple suppliers and services to provide a single point of contact to the business
- Escalation and contact point for management and customers when incidents arise
- Assist in the production of a monthly service report of performance and issues at a business level, as well as management of the supplier service report against SLAs
- Review and troubleshoot technical problem areas to improve security, service and provide continuous service improvement
- Participate in regular supplier service reviews to keep informed of current issues, performance and service improvement plans
- Operation of reporting tools to identify potential bottlenecks and for diagnostic and audit purposes
- Provide technical support to projects, and transitioning services into production with full handover to external supplier
- Ensure the server estate is patched, updated, and backed up as required. Including ensuring security and anti-malware systems are up to date.
- Contribute to the strategic roadmap for server and storage services
- Contact point for supplier maintenance notifications
- Creation and maintenance of documentation (Visio diagrams, word documents, SharePoint lists)
This is a great role for a driven and ambitious Engineer, looking to join an established organisation, going through an period of growth and change, where you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and progress within.
The salary is between £30,000-£40,000 dependant on experience plus an excellent flexible benefits package.
If this role is of interest, please apply and follow up with a call.