Our client, a leading company that specialises in providing Information Technology products and services to educational organisations and establishments has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Solutions Architect to join their team based in Abingdon on a contracting basis.
Solution Architects are required to combine both their professional experience and knowledge to solve a range of customer or market problems that may be very specific or of considerable breadth. Roles are likely to be extremely flexible and operate within a matrix structure depending on the demands facing the clients business. Ultimately Solution Architects should have skills that are transferable to any part of the clients organisation.
Solution Architects will work with customers, sales staff and delivery teams to create solutions to customer problems. These solutions may include processes, services, and a technical solution which together deliver to the customer's needs. Solution Architects may work as part of a bid team in response to a customer's ITT, or directly with the customer in response to a specific change request.
Solution Architects will be required to define solutions across the product range and not focus on a single product or component.
Solution Architects will:
- Create requirement specifications by interpreting a customers' requirements
- Define high level solutions to meet customers' requirements
- Ensure the solution boundary is defined and that interfaces across boundaries (either in customer or the clients systems or applications) are specified
- Articulate solutions to all stakeholders and adopt a position as the solution authority
- Work closely with the delivery team throughout the delivery lifecycle providing guidance and steering to ensure a successful delivery
- Work directly with and assist the customer during acceptance phases
- Position solutions in the clients best interests while recognising and compromising with customers where necessary
- Operate independently on a customer site as a chargeable resource
- Any Pre-sales experience is extremely useful
Interested candidates should submit their CV int he first instance